Mental Health in the Workplace Employer Fundamentals 101 ©
From talking to your employees about mental health problems, to legal rights and responsibilities, managers and supervisors will find resources to help them make their workplace more mentally healthy. You may also want to learn more from an employee's point of view.
Recognizing the Problem
Talking to Your Employee
Rights & Responsibilities
- What is a "reasonable accommodation"?
- What if I have provided accommodation for an employee, and the situation is still not working out?
- What are the accommodation rights and responsibilities of employers, employees, and unions?
- How can I support an employee’s return to work after disability leave for a mental health problem?
- What kinds of accommodations are people with a mental health problem likely to need?
Talking to Other Staff
- One of my employees has a mental health problem. How can I explain the situation to other employees?
- How do I introduce a new employee with a mental health problem, and how do I prepare my staff for his or her arrival?
- How can I approach hiring to include people with disabilities, including those with mental health problems?